Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happiness

For years I have been searching for happiness, and for years I searched at the wrong places. Until recently, I discovered that happiness is a state of mind. It comes from within and is not affected by external factors. I learned this the hard way.

Almost everyday, we face challenges in our daily life. When things are going great, we are worried because it seems to good for us, or we are expecting bad things to happen. When things are down, we are cursing even more. This is the puzzle of life.

I learned that struggle is part of life. We can't really control what's happening around us, but we can do something to it. I can either succumb to the bad day, or I can take it easy and move on with the next task. It is all in your mind. After all, there's no failure -it's only feedback!

I learned that the best thing I can do to improve my situation is to stop whining and make each moment as special as I can be as if it's my last moment on earth. Everything in life is about perspective -and it's your own perspective. If today you woke up knowing that it's your last day on earth, how different will you treat your loved ones? How different will you look at your deadlines? How different will you talk to your friends?

I learned that I have a choice -and it's always my choice. I can wake up early in the morning feeling grumpy, or think about what I can achieve today e.g. finish my deadlines, greet people I meet with smile, tell my loved ones how much I love them etc..

Today, you have a choice to be happy.. and NOW, you can begin living your happy life..

The supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved
-Victor Hugo

2 comments:

ms s loveridge said...

love this post! :)
i plan to comment bout it more in my blog... :P

Unknown said...

Good point :) ...

JT