Friday, August 25, 2006

If You Want to Walk on Water, You Got To Get Out of The Boat

Interesting title, so I thought when I was first introduced to this book, written by John Ortberg.

Frankly, there are 1001 ways that I can think of to relate the above line to my life, be it personal development, love life, career, social life, etc. I believe you could too as you read the above line.

So, what does this getting out of the boat mean to you?

Yes you are right! Getting out of your comfort zone!

So next question, what's your comfort zone?

Okay, it's different for different people. It could be major career change, starting own biz, studying abroad in pursuit of independence/responsibility, etc.

I believe, many of us might have gotten out of the boat several times in our life; yet, we didn't find ourselves walking on water and we still couldn't walk on water. Most of us, in fact, were drowned!

Don't be discouraged my friend. Getting out of the boat takes courage yes, and being drowned is an experience. Perhaps you see it as a failure; however, let me tell you this, many people do not know the feeling of being drowned. Thus, look at the bright side: you experience the feeling of being drowned!

Life is a journey my friend. Take it slow, experience the ups and downs. Don't rush your own time, God has His own time. Everything will fall into pieces the way He wants it to be.

Just something to share :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you're more interested in getting CPR from some hunk after drowning too ... :p

Mona said...

hahaha I won't mind drowning for that.. ;p