Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wealth Can't Buy Health (2)

One hour in orthopedic clinic seems like my last one hour in this earth.

He confirmed the findings. 4 out of 7 bones in my neck have degenerated and they indeed compressed the spinal cord. Out of these 4bones, 1 bone is compressing much on my spinal cord that the cord is flattened. Surgery was initially advised to replace this particular bone with artificial bone; however the lifespan of artificial bone (although being said lifetime) is still unknown. Should there be any complications 30-40 years down the road, another surgery to replace the artificial bone is to be done; but it will be at even higher risk due to age count.

At present, he advised me to do series of physiotherapy (neck traction and heat therapy) to release the tension of the nerve. I am doing it twice a week now, and on top of that, I do my own heat therapy at home.

I'm not sure if it's due to cold weather, but recently my knees are feeling weak. I am seeing orthopedic again this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

go mona!!!

keep strong gurl :)

-jc-

sunkurt said...

Hi, take care, and may God bless U!
But is it the article name put wrongly? I think it should be wealth can't buy health, as appeared in your msn name.

Symphony of Love said...

Mona, I wish for goodness in all areas of your life.