When they pushed me to the surgery room, fear started to haunt me bit by bit.. my body didn't feel like mine anymore. I knew that the moment I entered the room, something inside me will change forever.
The layout of the operation room is exactly the same like what you see in the E.R. bright lights, nurses and doctors in the green uniforms and medical equipments.. The room was breezing cold and bright.. very cold room..
The surgery took 5hours straight. It was a major operations. I had two of my neck discs taken out -one replaced with an artificial disc, while the other one was fused using my hip bone.
First thing I felt when I woke up was nauseous.. due to the anesthetic effect.. then weak.. really weak.. and the next thing I know, I had soft collar on my neck and I was pushed back to my ward..
Pre- and post- surgery look
Still, I feel very much blessed.. During this critical times, I have my family, Manfred and his family, and lots of friends who truly supported me throughout this critical times.
Manfred was continuously taking care of me days and nights while I was in hospital, taking days off from his work. Also, my best buddy Ronald took days off to support me on my first day of surgery and also on the day when I was discharged..
Friends and colleagues who came to give me their well wishes..
Also, overseas friends who called and sms-ed their well wishes..
All of you, THANK YOU!
0 comments:
Post a Comment