
西湖天地
The second day was spent visiting the infamous 断桥!The legend has it that when a couple walked along the bridge, their love would be blessed and everlasting.. Well there's no harm trying since I want my love with dear be blessed and everlasting ;)
Actually the real reason we walked along the bridge is because we were heading to 楼外楼 for our brunch.. It only took us 20mins to walk past the bridge but we managed to found the freaking restaurant only 45mins later -_-' I was starving to death then!

The infamous 断桥
I managed to fulfill my desire for Hangzhou's specialty during the trip - 叫化鸡 aka Beggar Chicken,西湖醋鱼 aka Water Lake Vinegar Fish,西湖汤 aka Water Lake Soup,东波肉。。 Amongst all, I love 叫化鸡 the most..
One must be wondering why the name beggar chicken? In the past, the chicken was covered in a mud and cooked underground as they couldn't afford a cooking pot; hence the name. Of course, now it's no more done that way..
One thing I noticed is that the Hangzhou-ians 很会吃 醋!I could taste vinegar in most of the dishes!
We headed back to Shanghai in the evening for whole body massage and foot reflexology.. The whole trip, though fulfilling and enjoyable, has drained us so much that we needed the special relaxing treatment!

Best picture of the year!
0 comments:
Post a Comment