Sunday, July 01, 2007

Autism Children Ministry

After 3months of prayers, countless signs and guidance, I decided to serve in Autism Children Ministry in my church, New Creation Church.

Over the past 10months, I have experience tremendous growth in my spiritual life. All these praise God for His guidance and Holy Spirit, also for Manfred who has always been by my side and guiding me back to Him whenever I'm down and lost track.

I have received so much of His blessings upon me and now I am ready to give the same blessings that I have received to others. It's said that we as children of God, when we rolled our sleeves and serve others, we magnify the glory of our Father, the Lord our God.

This morning was my first day of service. There were total of 12children and 15teachers.

I was assigned to a cute boy of age 5. He was bubbly, active and unique, none like others. As this is our first encounter, he was not very comfortable and open to me initially. However, after 3hours of good activities together, he started to open up and accepted me. Although I haven't managed to get him to communicate with me, he acknowledged my presence (which is very tough for Autism child)

How to diagnose Autism? First, the children are slow in speech. Second, they do not interact with each other. Third, they have short attention span. It's amazing to see 12 children play by themselves without acknowledging each other presence. Even when child A took away child B's toy, child B just happily played with other toys.

The aim of this ministry is to give the parents peace of mind to attend church and spend time with God, knowing that their unique beloved children are under good care of God's glory. The program for these children include playing, singing, snack time, arts & craft and praying.

Overall, I had great satisfying 6hours with my child and I faithfully believe that God will heal them. No autism is too great for God to heal. Amen!

0 comments: