Friday, July 06, 2007

Crave for Romance

Lately both of us have been bogged down by our targets and deadlines. I can't really recall when was the last time we had good quality time together. Now everytime we meet just to end our day. Conversations are mostly accompanied with complaints and whines :( Words like 'tired', 'pain', 'sianz' colored our chats.

What do we lack of I wonder? R-O-M-A-N-C-E

It's no surprise that we have not been spending time with each other, although we always spend time together. Forget about the romance part, we barely make time for each other. The only time we made was rest time.

This is the downside of our career :( We spend so much time with friends and clients, yet we have to sacrifice time with our loved ones. But this is no excuse. There is never enough time for everything if we ourselves did not take effort to create time.

Quoted from Pastor Lawrence during Romance & Courtship Seminar:
You want a beautiful love story, write it. You want romance, create it.

3 comments:

Zen said...

Hello Mona, long time no see, how are you? (shit it's been a while!) remember moa?

was having similar difficulties as well lately. Here in oz generally ppl are more laid back than in other regions of the world, you know.. and ppl have this work/life balance thing going on. And they're pretty serious in keeping this balance.

Often we want to work more to achieve more, a very asian attitude if I may say, and forgets to get the balance between work and life.

In the end, when you work too much and it affects your life (relationship, recreational time, time for reseach, study, reading, or just develop a secondary skill or hobby, etc) you know you won't feel good. Like life's crap and it's not complete and then you start to bitch about it on a regular basis.

Then came a point where you are so tired you lose the capacity to be understanding. And it gets worse from there, until one day it gets so bad that it affects the work.

I'm not you, and I haven't seen you for aaages, but romance, like art and music, can only be appreciated when there is calm and peace.

Just my personal opinion :-) Anyway good luck and take care~~

Mona said...

yoz Zen! of course I remember you! how have you been man! miss you heaps!

I agree with your opinion. After all, it's about prioritizing -what comes first in your life.

As a young graduate and someone who wants to build career, we often focus too much on our work that we left out many important aspects in our life, like relationship, social life, recreational time and other activities.

The upside is that we realize it at early stage and we understand what is really going on. What we really need is to make time for it.

After all, when there's interest, there's always time.

Zen said...

>> After all, when there's interest, there's always time. <<

Bit different with relationship tho.. you need to mend things quickly before it goes sour.

There's this magic formula from Men's Health that I reckon works pretty well. for every 3 bad things happening in a week, you need 5 good things to make it even (or more).

IMO No matter how good a relationship is, you can always get sick of it if it grows stagnant.

>> yoz Zen! of course I remember you! how have you been man! miss you heaps! <<

been busy, but life's damn good overall. but I'm a greedy man, I don't settle with good. I want GREAT heheheheh so yeah... T.T