
A day at 城隍庙, visiting 豫园 and trying out the famous 南翔小笼包. Look at the crowds!
Fyi, the whole stretch is selling 南翔小笼包, but the famous one is actually in the 南翔 restaurant itself. One can easily find the restaurant as there's always long queue outside. The restaurant consists of three levels: first level is for takeaway 小笼包 at RMB16/8pcs; second level is for 蟹肉小笼包; third level is for both buffet and a-la-carte. There's min. spending of RMB25/pax for a-la-carte while buffet is priced at RMB60/pax.
The 小笼包 is real superb. It's a must-try delicacy when you're visiting 上海! I'd recommend 招牌蟹黄小笼包, where crab egg is added into the pork dumplings :) The price ain't cheap for the locals, RMB40/6pieces, but it worths a try as a tourist. Another recommendation is the 鱼翅汤包, where the bun is filled with soup and straw is used to drink the soup inside the bun.
豫园 is surely a great tourist attraction. Well if you're up to beautiful scenery, old temples, picture takings, quiet peaceful evening, then this is the place for you. It's surely hard to find this kind of place in such busy metropolitan city like 上海. When I was inside, I felt as if I were in a totally different place. The air is clean and fresh, time seems to pass slowly. One can find a feeling of peace here..
Picture paints a thousand words, so I'd just upload the pictures for your viewing. Check out the link ;)
Beautiful scenery in 豫园
城隍庙 at night

Fortune tree
9 comments:
Seems your chinese have improved a lot.... Looks like I cannot compete with you in this area already *sigh* To think you will be typing blogs with Chinese chars. What it will be next? The whole post in Chinese? Hahaha, then someone can't read your blog already!!!
You sure? You trying to belittle your 12 years of studying chinese for this?? Tsk tsk... Andrew i'm disappointed with you...
*meanwhile runs off to read his chinese idioms book*
hahahha! don't be so humble andrew.. How can I compare this kind of chinese with your 12yrs of chinese?
Tyh, I don't know much of idioms yet. No worries! bwahhahah..
How's life btw? ;) Miss you guys!
We.... are gonna eat The Line(Shang buffet) without you!!!!
But i rather trade that nice meal to see all the nice scenery over there....
Hope you're having fun! =)
Not being humble here of belittling myself, but doesn't seem to have much opportunity to read and speak chinese in Singapore....
But we are having fun here in SG, dun worry hahaha! Gonna watch Goal! today at Cineleisure!!
hehehe wa lao ppl using chinese 2 blog liao leh.. when u come back i think ur chinese power liao, somemore will have china accent... -.-''
-fiomoe
The Line?! Darn! Can't you guys wait for me? well.. let's have it again when I'm back next year? pls? :(
nah fiona.. james critized my tone always.. can't differentiate the 2nd and 3rd tone always :( gotta practice more! :p
你的汉语水平确实进步了, 至少会打中文. 不错不错, 加油加油.
wa laoz...
-fiomoe
Post a Comment