To my dad, convocation marks the end of his burden (I guess). He could finally 'see' and feel his effort being paid off. I can't understand his happiness, nor could I feel it. All I know that he feels real proud seeing his daughter in gown and mortarboard walking up the stage receiving (empty) certificate cover from Dr. Su Guaning.. Parents..
As the ceremony went on, to my surprise, I felt something stirring up my heart. It was a mixed up emotions of happiness, sadness and proud. The feeling was indescribable.. I found it hard to believe that four years have passed by so fast. It felt like yesterday when I first stepped into NTU attending lecture in MLT. Back then, I was looking forward to this day. Now that I'm here, I'm sorta.. lost.. of what to do next..
The ceremony turned out fine. In fact, it reminded me of Harry Potter show! hahahha.. As it went nearer to the end, the audience became more responsive and the claps were even louder!! hahaha.. it's typical I guess ;) Again, my name drew quite a number of response. Even Dr. Su himself commented on the uniqueness of my name. I didn't realize the laughters until my friend told me! Cmon! Monalisa isn't that funny right? -_-"
Took quite a number of pictures with family, professors and friends :) I have put up the link for your viewing pleasure.. Thinking of going back to NTU one of these days to take pictures again. Anyone interested? *wink
I personally feel that the graduation ceremony in Singapore is too clustered. Perhaps they should just have only one ceremony for all the graduands of the year from all the faculty. This way we can enjoy and share the moments together. The more the merrier! Of course, a big stadium would be required then, but I believe it shouldn't be a problem. I noticed that there's a distinctive feature of all graduation ceremony that's missing here - throwing of mortarboard! It's a classic of all graduation - quoted from Andrew Wee, and how could we miss it!!
Last but not least, to all my fellow graduates:
Congratulations my friends!
We have come this far.
Let's put to good use what we have learnt.
All the best for your future endeavour!
1 comments:
familiar looking auditorium!!!! wahahahahha
~fiomoe
Post a Comment