
Dad, me and bro :)
Currently I'm into reading craze. Never knew that reading would be so fun. I started my reading on 'What Color is Your Parachute' by Richard Bolles. It's a good book on job hunting and career change. Figured out that I'd need it sooner or later so I bought the book :p I decided to enjoy the book slowly during my stay in Jakarta :)
Well I figured out that I need some brain exercise. My brain has been hibernating for too long that it's almost paralyzed! Or perhaps it has!! Well, I guess it's time to tune up and start the engine :p Anyway I guess I've found myself a new hobby: reading! Call me nerd, I can't be bothered, coz I really enjoy it! :p
Bought two books today: 'Who Moved My Cheese' and 'The Present', both by Dr Spencer Johnson. I just finished reading 'The Present'. It is a wonderful book about how to be happy and successful in your life and work by understanding three elements of life: The Past, The Present and The Future.
Many people often dwell in The Past and/or daydreaming about The Future that they live nor in The Past, The Future or The Present. They waste their time spending unnecessary energy on thinking of The Past and/or The Future and causing themselves to be distracted from their activities in The Present resulting in poor effieciency and bad results in their work/life,
This book tells you about how to really enjoy your life in The Present by being in The Present. It means focusing on what you are doing, tuning out distractions and paying attention to what is important NOW. It also teaches you on how to improve your life in The Present through learning from The Past and planning for The Future.
Basically, it teaches you on how one should look at The Past, learn something valuable from it and use it to improve The Present. On the other hand, planning for The Future is essential to make you feel less anxious so that you could concentrate more on being in The Present, thus enhance your life quality in The Present.
I personally feel that 'The Present' has really taught me a lot about life. It showed me how I often wander in my thoughts about The Past or The Future, causing myself to lost track of The Present. I realized how ineffective and inattentive I've been in the past few months. I'm anxious about my Shanghai study and perhaps there were still some matters in The Past that I've been unable to let go.
I'm now starting to apply what I learnt from this book into my life. I'd recommend this book to anyone who wants to improve his/her life quality to lead a happy and successful life :)
My fave quote:
No one can predict
or control The Future.
However, the more you plan
for what you want to see happen,
The less anxious you are
in The Present
And the more The Future
is known to you.
or control The Future.
However, the more you plan
for what you want to see happen,
The less anxious you are
in The Present
And the more The Future
is known to you.
0 comments:
Post a Comment