I just realised how high the living standard in Jakarta is. A hair cut here for female starts from $30, while for male starts from $25! A fast food meal costs around $5-$6 per pax. A normal char kway teow costs around $3.50. I really think that Jakarta is becoming more and more expensive.
A normal person can live by $20/day, but that doesn't mean that $600/mth is all that you need. A car is a MUST transportation means here, so you have to include fuel surcharge into your monthly expenses, which perhaps will cost $25/wk depending on usage. For ladies, we need skin care expenses, perhaps amounts to $100/mth. Electricity/gas/water/internet bill amounts to $100-$200/mth depending on usage. Bear in mind that I haven't even touched on entertainment expenses. A simple proper life would require $1000/mth to survive!
I guess the living standard in Jakarta is really comparable to Singapore, or perhaps higher. People here care a lot about their 'face'. For some people, hair treatment, manicure-pedicure, massage and spa are basic monthly needs. Although perhaps they don't spend a lot on food, they do spend a lot on service and leisure.
0 comments:
Post a Comment