Saturday, July 30, 2005

What Could You Possibly Find Through Google

Have you ever tried typing your name in Google to see what you could find out of it?

A friend of mine actually typed the name of the girl whom he's fond of in Google, just to find a link showing the history of her employment in certain company! I know it sounds geeky freaky etc, but well trust me he's a kind-hearted guy. Perhaps he was feeling a little bit bored then.. :p

Anyway, this actually raised my curiousity. I wonder what could one find by typing his/her name in Google.

I actually tried typing my name to see what I could find, but I guess my name is an exception. A list of mostly french websites, many related to "Monalisa" or "Mona Lisa", appeared! As expected, most are related to Da Vinci paintings, while there are other few sources such as Monalisa Interior Decorators Pte Ltd, Monalisa Hairstyle, Monalisa Bridal etc. Interesting eh *wink*

I tried typing few other names on Google too. Some names actually relates me to their owners, those I know of; while there are few names that returned no results too. I'm not going to reveal the names here for confidence purpose.. :p

Well perhaps I'm feeling a bit bored here, but it's kinda an interesting way of filling up your free time eh ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't really bored, just wanted to know more about her. You see, I know nothing about her, know no one who know her. In desperation I turned to my reliable fella, Google. And it has not failed me yet so far ;)

Anyway, thanks for posting this on ur blog. I really wish the girl I'm fond of came across to ur blog and read it, though I know the chances are really slim, if not almost 0.

Anonymous said...

haha, i tried that as well.. interesting...

Mona said...

Google guy, certain matter requires different kind of approach at certain condition.

Frankly, I'd be freaked out if I were the girl :p But well, ahahhaa.. I'm really speechless I guess :p

Trust me, you wouldn't want her to find out! It's too geeky!!! and freaky perhaps -_-"

Andrew said...

Mona, you are in Jakarta now? I just returned to Lampung from Jakarta. By the way I tried searching for my own name in Google and it linked me to an NTU namelist for EID.... Tried that a few years ago so thats old news =P

Anonymous said...

so the question here is to blend in with the crowd or to stand out?

Mona said...

hahahha.. well it's not about standing out or blending in. It's about curiousity :) It's kinda interesting in a way right ;)

Andrew, yeah I read your blog! Darn you! should have given me a call right! I'm surprised that you went to I-ta Suki cos I've not been there as well while it's just around my area!