Monday, August 22, 2005

Happy Birthday Pa

Today's my dear old pop's birthday. Wished him happy birthday and may he find a new spring soon. I often wonder if there'd ever be a new woman in his life. It ain't easy to find 'someone' at his age I guess.. It'd be good though if you can ever found one, perhaps for the sake of companionship..

Finally I'm done with the administrations. Collected my visa and settled my banker's guarantee. I'm left with approval from MOE which I'm expecting in 2-3days and flight ticket.. Still trying to confirm the departure date with my friend.. *haiz.

Had a pretty long day today. Started my day with a list of places I had to run -Embassy, Banks, UOB. Ended my day in Chinatown for KTV and dinner with my friends. As usual, Tanu and Ronald are real energetic during the KTV. KTV is always fun with them around.. hahahaha.. It was one great outing I shall say :)

It's really difficult to catch up with friends once we started working. You have company outing, friend's birthday, farewell, dates, appointments etc. I count myself lucky to be able to have the outing yesterday. Tanu is really one helluva busy person -and he's not even employed YET!

Anyway, I'm having this irresistible cravings for dimsum lately. Been hunting for good places for dimsum. Yesterday I had dimsum lunch in Chinatown at a homemade Cantonese dimsum restaurant called 'De Ji' if I'm not mistaken. It's located at the other end of Food Street, just next to Yum Cha restaurant, opposite Dong Fang restaurant.

They serve pretty nice dishes although lack of variations. Siew may and prawn mushroom dumpling are at the top of my recommendation list. I didn't know that banana and prawn go well together until I tried their banana & prawn dragon beard. The fong zaw was alright, perhaps bland for my tastebud and DON'T get the lo mai gai! Pricing was fine, with range of $2.50-$3.00 per serving. No service charge indeed ;)

Still looking for good place for dimsum though. Recommendations anyone?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the place we actually wanted 2 bring jamester to eat was @ Neil Road, further down frm chinatown... has gd xiao long bao and guo tie...


- fiomoe

Mona said...

what's the name of the eating place? :) perhaps I can try next time with james :)

Andrew said...

Mona, no wonder you wanted to take us to eat Dim Sum the other time.... But why eat it at Singapore, when there's better ones at Shanghai?

Mona said...

Because I'm craving for it NOW while I'm still in Singapore? Duh.. -_-'

Anyway I'm employing a strict diet on myself now.. Perhaps that's why I'm so much into dimsum ;)

Anonymous said...

eh.. let me get the name from bf, will let u know.


-fiomoe