Thursday, August 25, 2005

Socializing Days

These few days I have been spending my time dating and socializing... My post today basically covers the review of the meal that I've been savouring for the past two days :p Sinful indeed.. I need a strict diet!!!

Met up with Andrew, Yong Han and Sonny yesterday for a dinner at Ambush, a pasta place located at Takashimaya Food Court. All of us enjoyed our orders except Sonny for making the wrong choice of meatball pasta. The meatball actually tastes like ngo hiong! All in all, the food was alright, though I prefer CPK's pasta. I guess it's just a different type of pasta with CPK being more asian..

Today I had a sumptuous dimsum brunch at Crystal Jade Kitchen in Takashimaya with James. It was sumptuous because we actually ordered enough for four people share!! Okay perhaps it's an exaggeration but the food was too much for us alone to finish. I felt bad having to waste food while James kept on convincing me that being a good host, he must make sure that everyone has their share of meal and the leftover food on the table serves to ensure that everyone is full -_-" What a theory..

Dinner was with Ivan at News Asia Bar. The popular item is the pizza. We had a spicy seafood and tuna pizza with spiced fries, both in my recommendation list :) It is comparable to Wala's pizza with more generous serving. Ambience was great for socializing with magnificent view of Singapore nightlife. Music wasn't too loud thus conversation was still audible. Most of the customers are blondes though, so be prepared to meet a lot of foreigners there..















Me and Ivan @ News Asia Bar

Anyway, I had a wonderful sharing session with good dining experience today. I know Ivan through JAC back then during my uni days. He was the president of the club when I first enrolled into the club. Back then, he has displayed a powerful leadership skill and strong determination. I knew all along that he's one of those who'd make in life. However, I was surprised when he shared with me his goal and dream. His ambition was far beyond my thought..

Graduated with third class honours, he got his first job with P&G as Sales and Development Manager with the highest salary during his batch. I shall say that a degree can only bring you so far, in the end everything depends on you yourself. Moreover, he sent out 70+ resumes before he landed with this rewarding job.

So for those who's looking for a job now, perhaps you graduate with third class honours or higher, more likely you have sent out more than 50 resumes with no replies (as market is real bad now), don't be discouraged! The opportunity is out there for you.. All you need is just courage, determination and perhaps luck too :p

0 comments: