Monday, September 12, 2005

First Day of School

Shanghai was attacked by typhoon last night. It was a night with heavy rain and incredibly strong wind. It was impossible to walk outside in that kind of weather! The wind was so strong that I believe it's enough to blow you away..

Today the weather is sunny and HOT! The change of weather is pretty weird here. A 10mins walk from school to apt and I'm already sweating!

Today is my first day of lesson. How was it you ask me.. B-O-R-I-N-G. I wonder now how I ended up here studying Chinese with all the other foreign students. Now I really feel like one of 'em -_-' Basically I can speak two version of Chinese now; one is foreign chinese, second is traditional chinese. I still remember Singapore chinese too! Really jack of all trades, master of none -_-'

My class is an advanced class, filled with mostly Koreans! According to my Korean friend, Korea govt is encouraging its citizen to learn Chinese, thus many are subsidized by govt or sent by their companies. Now I understand why I see so many Koreans in Jiao Tong and Fudan uni.. Well, yes I see a lot of beautiful girls here, be it Korean, Japanese or Chinese. Ronald, this is the place for you, not me!

I'm looking forward to my optional courses to begin. Planning to take calligraphy and biz chinese. I bet it'd be more interesting. I really feel that I'm wasting my time here -_-' Arrggghhh!!

I can't wait to get back to Singapore, get a job and work.. Well I guess I better start my job hunting soon, so that I can go back even sooner.. I would appreciate any lobang from you all though *winkz :p Keep me informed if there's any openings in your company k ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With many pretty girls around, maybe it's the right place for a single guy to be. But taking in mind how they block lotsa websites and all, it's definitely not the place for a single geek guy like, is it? :P

Anonymous said...

Correction for my last sentence, not the place for a single geek guy like ME, is it :P

Hehehe