Nothing is impossible in
China and I have proven the saying true.
This morning, I went to Jiao Tong Uni for application. In actuality, the application is closed in June and there were still 300 people in waiting list. I called in previously and obviously was turned down. However, this time I got the admission! Surprising eh?
I can’t complain anything about NTU’s halls after seeing the local dormitory here. The local dormitory is a very small room, comprising two double deck beds and two small study tables. It really looks like army bunk! The foreign dormitory, however, looks like hotel. I haven’t had the chance to check out the rooms inside though.
Found a nice apartment –NEW, three bedrooms and fully furnished- in Hong Qiao Rd. The rental fee was pretty reasonable considering that it’s located in downtown. One must be prepared to pay a 2months deposit and 2months rental fee during the first month. The agent commission fee was 30%, but it is negotiable. We managed to bargain till it was left 20%!
Went to Fudan Uni to give up my admission, but the director wasn’t around so I had to come back again on Monday -_-‘ There goes my effort! I spent my whole afternoon there, walking around and getting lost trying to locate the office! Crap!
Fudan Uni was really huge and surprisingly clean! It resembles Chinese Heritage Centre of NTU. The first moment I stepped into the vicinity, I was astonished by its friendly environment. Just outside the school, major reconstructions were underway, thus resulting in terribly polluted and noisy environment. However, the inside of the school was filled with greeneries! I felt like I was in two different worlds.

Entrance of Fudan University

Walkway in Fudan University
In a split second, I almost regretted my decision of giving up the admission. But after spending 4hours getting lost and walking around, I knew I made the right choice.
Fudan Uni is located at North East of Shanghai, far away from civilization. Moreover, the area was still under major reconstruction; thus creating a polluted environment which is bad for health. On the other hand, Jiao Tong Uni is located at South West of Shanghai, in downtown of Xu Jia Hui area. The location is much better than Fudan Uni. The only drawback is the heavy traffic flow.
Talking about traffic flow, I wonder what the figure of accident rate in Shanghai is. It is truly terrifying seeing the way they drive around here. Courtesy driving is not applied here. Honking and lane cutting are common practices. They don’t seem to have any ‘stop’ sign in their mindset. I wonder if they’re aware of the existence of the brake pad beside the acceleration pad. Perhaps they thought it’s just a mere decoration.
All in all insurance is a MUST here
0 comments:
Post a Comment