Sunday, September 04, 2005

Healthy Food Finally!

Today I had steamboat meal. Finally! A healthy oil-free food! The past few days have been real dreadful. The food here is incredibly oily, be it Shanghai food, Cantonese food, anything! I’m real fortunate for the invention of Xenical. Without it, there goes my liver, and there goes my figure.

Went to IKEA to shop for furniture. I’ve never seen so many people in IKEA before. It looked more like groceries store than furniture store. Price is pretty much the same here and Singapore. Certain goods are cheaper, while the others are more expensive. I noticed that Shanghai’s living standard is pretty much comparable to Singapore.

I rushed to Airport by cab after my shopping as I was supposed to fetch my friend from Japan. Waited for 1.5hours and haven’t seen her at all. I was extremely worried if I missed her. She’s a German and she knows nuts about Chinese.

The cab driver parked his car and helped me to look around. He went to information centre to make announcement. We waited for another half hour. In the end, I decided to call my friend’s bf’s dad to inquire about her flight. He informed that my friend cancelled her trip as she’s not feeling well. I was like.. WTF?! @%&^*$~! Oh well, I tried to keep my cool though.

The cab driver in the end sent me back to my apartment. The total fare from IKEA to Pudong Airport and back to my apartment was RMB 346 and on top of that there was still a parking fee of RMB 10. But the cab driver asked me to pay him only RMB 240. He did say that he’d give me discount if I take his cab for round trip journey, but to give a RMB 100 discount?!

My friend was cheated by cab driver on his first day here. He paid RMB 400 for a one-way journey from Pudong International Airport to my apartment! I was like WHAT?! And this driver actually gave me RMB 100 discount?!

Well not ALL Shanghai people are rude and fraudster. I did meet few kind and polite people. This nice cab driver is apparently one of them.. I am feeling real blessed :p

0 comments: