Last night I was out with my flatmates exploring Xin Tian Di when I decided to withdraw some cash at Bank of China's ATM. We walked around and explored more before we decided to call it a night. It was approximately 2hours later when I finally discovered that I lost my ATM card!!
I was even more panicked when I realized that I actually left my card INSIDE the ATM machine! I couldn't believe that I was so careless!! Called the customer hotline to suspend my card and checked the last transaction. The card was successfully suspended but they can't check the last transaction due to a reason that I'm not even sure up till now..
Anyway I was supposed to go to my opening branch to cancel the card permanently and get a replacement card. The opening branch of my account is located 35mins away from my house! Worse, it can ONLY be done in that particular branch and NO other branches!
20mins later, the customer service hotline called me to inform me that a gentleman picked up my card and accidentally withdrew RMB 1000 from my account. When he finally withdrew the money, he then realized that it wasn't his card. The person actually promised the bank that he'd return the card and cash tomorrow morning to that particular branch as he'd be leaving Shanghai in the afternoon.
At that moment, I was pretty skeptical that he'd would really come to the bank in the morning JUST to return the card and cash, especially when he's leaving the city in the afternoon. Moreover, how could he 'accidentally' withdraw RMB 1000 from my account? All these seems very illogical... But oh well I didn't have much choice so I decided to give it a chance.
So, I went to the bank in the morning to get back my card and cash. However, when I reached the bank, no one seemed to know about this matter. I explained the matter to an officer and she told me that the possibility of the meeting such kind low is really low. I waited in the bank for an hour when I finally received a phone call from the customer service manager.
The manager informed me that the person has already returned the card and the money to an officer in the bank, thus I was supposed to look for the person to get back my card and cash. I was so relieved when I found the person and took back my stuff.
In addition, the bank officer even helped me to cancel my card suspension, saving me the trip of having to go to my opening branch to do so. I was so relieved when everything's over.
Can't believe that such kind hearted soul still exist in this world!
I'm really feeling blessed! Praise God!!
2 comments:
Wow, ATM Card and 1000 RMB? Unbelievable !! Gosh, be more precautios ok !
yes yes I will! heee.. :p
Post a Comment