Thursday, September 08, 2005

Pissed Off

I'm feeling real pissed now! Why?

1. Blogspot is blocked in China!! %#&&*^$%@W$%!@#! You guys must be wondering how on earth did I update my blog then.. Well apparently blogger.com is accessible, only blogspot.com is blocked. Thus, I'm able to update, but not able to see my updates! Sounds silly eh.. Worse, I'm not able to see any of my friends' updates in blogspot.com! ARgHhh!!!

Now I have to think of ways to crack the proxy server in order to access blogspot. Ronaldddddddd.. you're the CPU brain! Please help meeeeeeeeeeee... I don't wish to move to any other blogger web..

2. My agent cheated us, yet had the nerve to shout at us! F*CK! We paid him everything in advance and this is the kind of service that we get?! #%!$@$)^*&!!!!

My friend just told me the doctrine of doing business in China, that is NEVER PAY ANYTHING IN ADVANCE! Get the product and service first, satisfied then you pay! He too told me that I have to learn to shout here, it's the way of getting things done around here. Agent is considered people from the bottom of society, thus don't hesitate to shout, else you won't get things work the way you want it to be.

I was STUNNED upon learning the fact! I know the saying of 'If you can't beat 'em, join 'em', but do I really need to become one of them? Darn!!!

The even more ridiculous fact is that there's no foreign atm or credit card here in Shanghai, as in foreign banks are not allowed to have atm/credit card service in Shanghai. So if you go to HSBC to open an account, they'd just issue you a passbook. Any transactions e.g. deposit, withdrawal, transfer etc must be done in the bank itself. There's no credit card nor checking account service. ONLY local banks are allowed to have these services. I wonder how foreign banks survive here!

Well I'm trying to look at the bright side now- this is one invaluable experience one can only get in Shanghai. I guess I just have to discover more of Shanghai and its people now..

0 comments: