Tourism festival in Shanghai is really lively. The whole stretch of Huai Hai Zhong Lu was full packed with people gathering to watch the parade. Roads were closed, people were squeezing and cramming with each other to watch the show. The parade was nicely performed. However, it was the WORST situation I've ever been in!
I was on my way to a restaurant in Huai Hai Zhong Lu for a birthday dinner celebration. Unfortunately, the road was closed for the parade, thus me and my friends had to walk to the restaurant. The weather was considered hot for night time plus the street was very crowded, so you can imagine how 'hot' we all were.
We couldn't get ourselves to cross the road as there were so many people standing in front of the road and they were unwilling to let us cross. Thus, we ended up stucked in the middle of the crowd for an hour! Nevertheless, we decided to find a restaurant as we were feeling hot, wary and hungry. The journey to the restaurant wasn't as easy as we thought initially. We had to bare with people pushing, squeezing, shoving and forcefully cutting the queue. Apparently, queueing isn't really the trend here I guess.
Well, we finally managed to enter a restaurant and seized a table for dinner. Luckily it was an air conditioned restaurant, we all needed cool air to cool down ourselves. From inside the restaurant, we could see many people trying to push themselves into the restaurant for the sake of cool air, while the staff tried to stop them. I was taken aback by the 'fight'. It was real loud, noisy and embarassing IMO. I guess I'm still not used to it. Don't think I'd ever get used to it -_-'
Morale of the story: NEVER EVER GO OUT DURING FESTIVE SEASON IN CHINA!
0 comments:
Post a Comment